Thursday, February 21, 2013

Water Spotted Nails

Hi guys!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in the past week. I've just been really sick and wasn't up for doing anything. I was feeling better today so I decided to try a method that I've been wanting to do since I found out about it. The link to the tutorial is here.


They're cool right? Mine didn't come out nearly as well as hers did but ohs well. I started out with a one coat of Pure Ice "Super Star!". Then I painted random splotches of LA Colors "Yellow" and "Bright Green", Simple Pleasures "Barbie Girl", and Avon "Blue." After I taped around my fingers to make clean up easier and did the water spotting technique with Nailtini "Espresso". I top coated with Out The Door and finished! I'm having a bit of trouble with Out The Door because it keeps smudging my nails! The nail polish could be dry for a half an hour and it still smudges.


I had a bit of trouble with this technique. I'm sure if I'm not spraying the hand sanitizer right or I wasn't using the right type of hand sanitizer, but more than once when I sprayed it in, the polish would just kind of shrink into a tiny blob.


What do you think of this technique? Yes? No?

No comments:

Post a Comment