Sunday, December 16, 2012

Black and White Rainbow

You might have figured out that I don't like writing or typing stuff so I will usually not write a ton.
Today I have a mani that I kinda don't like. It was inspired from this picture. It didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to but oh wells.

 

I started with a base of Pure Ice "Electric" and very lightly sponged a bit of Pure Ice "Super Star!" Then using Super Star! I created a white stripe which I filled in by using watered down acrylic paints. The rainbow part is a bit of a variation of the watercolor technique. When you use watered down acrylic paints the look is a bit softer and blended out then when you use nail polish. I top coated everything with Spoiled "X-Ray Vision"


My friend said that I should've put Nyan Cat on my thumb. LOL. But that wouldn't have worked out anyways. Nyan cat is a different mani for a different day.


As you can see, using watered down acrylic paints make the look softer more blended and kind of translucent like a real rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment